Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Tuesday August 21

Tuesday - I got home from work today and the babysitter made dinner for me and the kids, filled the dishwasher, and started a load of laundry! What a huge relief! So we eat, get the dishes started, and head out. Tuesday is our crazy night where we have both Football and Tae Kwon Do, both starting at 6:00. So we drop C off at the field 20 minutes early, and to my relief there was already 5 of his teammates, an assistant coach, and a mom who stays for practice there. So I felt better about dropping him off early. Then we headed to TKD for G, todays class was awesome! There were only 5 kids there for class, he is currently a purple belt, which is level 2, inside of level 2 there is yellow belt, purple belt, and senior purple belt. Normally on Tuesdays there is 3 purple belts and 4 senior purple belts, but this time he was the only purple with the 4 senior purples, so he got a lot of one on one training and really nailed class! He learned his Poomse Nine movement for level 2 purple belt and also how to do an axe kick, man that kid can kick high! I was so proud of him! After class Me, G, A, and J went home to get some stuff done before picking C up from practice. We got dishes done, made some squash baby food, got the mess picked up (I am not the best house keeper, I get the main stuff picked up and put away, but I don't know when the last time I dusted or did any deep cleaning, I have 4 kids and a husband that works nights, so during the week I am a single mom.) J fell asleep about 7:45 and I was worried that I was going to have to wake him up to go and pick up C from practice, but thankfully (I guess) he woke about 8:10, we then loaded up again and went to the field. We like to get there a little before practice is over, so I can see some of it at least (in between chasing the other kids around!) So we got parked and they were on the turf this time, so we went down to the grandstands and watched the last of the practice. They got their game jerseys today and C picked #42 (the same number from last year, so Yeah I can keep my car decals that I bought last year, I should find those and actually put them on the car!! OOPS!) After practice we go home and the kids had wanted to get ice cream, but we have a ton of popsicles in the freezer, so we opted for those. C called Mimi and it was decided that she was going to pick the older 2 up the following day to do some chores and then swimming (as long as they are back home by the time I get home from work). After that it was on to unloading the dishwasher, doing more laundry, folding and putting away laundry, and finishing making the squash baby food. Then it was time for J to have some baby food dinner, so instead of thawing out one of the 8 million cubes from the freezer, I gave him some of the squash I was preparing to freeze, it was a bit runny (OK a lot runny), so I mixed it with baby rice cereal, being so runny, I poured waaaaay too much into his bowl, but just figured oh well (probably the equivalent to 3 ice cubes) and lo and behold he ate all of it! And I didn't have to coerce him into any of it! At this time C and G were in bed watching a Pokemon movie and A was in his highchair eating a yogurt. After dinner round 2 it was cleaning up the kids, and by this time it was about 10:00, I was HOPING that J was going to nurse and then go to bed, but of course he had different ideas about how the evening was going to go! We finished getting bottles for the next day ready for Dad and babysitter, and got my clothes laid out (so I won't have to turn on the light and wake up Dad!) and all my bags ready to go. A went into G's bed to watch a movie and sleep (most of this summer they have been sharing a bed falling asleep watching movies, not looking forward to the school year starting in 2 weeks when its no tv and to bed early! A is not going to take too well to that, and it will be a fight to get him to sleep again!) After that, hung out with J in the front room and tried everything to get him to sleep, I even gave him a bottle to see if I could get his tummy full so he would go to sleep, but NOOOOO of course not. Dad got home a little after midnight and I had just gotten J to sleep in my arms and was getting up from the couch to go and put him in his crib and the door woke him up and then Dad saying (rather loudly for midnight!) that he was going to go and take a shower. SOB! So I keep trying and finally give up with a blanket and pillow on the floor and a baby gate up so J can't escape! HA. I was hoping to get J to snuggle up with me and then I could put him to bed and Dad said when he got out of the shower he would help out, well that was the last thing I remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment