Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A little background

So to tell you a little about me and make my posts a little less confusing: There is me a 31 year old full time day shift (7am-4pm) working mom, my name for blog posts = Mom. There is my husband, a 38 year old full time swing shift (2pm-whenever, usually after midnight) working dad, name for blog posts = Dad. We have 4 children, ages 10, 6 (almost 7), 2, and 7 months. For time sake their names will just be the first letter of their name, so C is 10 and plays football, going into the 5th grade this year. G is 6, does Tae Kwon Do, and is going into the 1st grade this year, A is 2.5 and is a handful, and lastly there is J who is 7 months old and cute as can be! All boys! Yes, I have 4 boys and no I wouldn't have it any other way! I was relieved to find out that my 4th (and final??) was a boy! I am a pack rat and I saved EVERYTHING from all of the kids, so for J, we didn't have to buy anything! When I went back to work after my maternity leave, my husband switched to the night shift, so that he can watch the kids in the morning to save on daycare. We found a lady who comes to our house and watches the boys from 1:15 until I get home about 4:30-5:00. She also has 4 kids (2 are step kids and are with her every other week) so during the summer she brings over all the kids and has a house full of 8 kids (more if the neighbor kids come over). She is amazing, she was destined to be a kindergarten teacher or something! She is the best thing that could have happened to us! This kids love her as well! Also, a little back story, I never did any cooking, none of my sisters or I learned how growing up, my husband is a fantastic cook and took care of us! So when I went back to work after my maternity leave my husband switched from day shift to night shift. So that leaves me Monday - Friday as basically a single parent! I now have to cook, clean, and do all the driving around. My oldest is in football and now that official practices started (we started conditioning back in June 5 nights a week 2 hours a night) we practice from 6:00-8:30 5 nights a week! YIKES! Once games start, we take one night a week off from practices. My 2nd son is in Tae Kwon Do (the discipline and focus that he has already learned is amazing, night and day difference with him!) class is any 2 days that we choose, but for our schedules we have been going Tuesdays from 6:00-6:45 and Saturdays from 10:15-11:00. But you have to be 10 minutes early, otherwise you are late! During class, I sit on the bench and watch along with the 2 younger kids, the baby likes to stand on my lap (with support) and dances and jumps up and down and claps and laughs, becuase of the music and the yelling, and general upbeat atmosphere. G usually plays on my phone or with hotwheels cars. I have never been very good at keeping my house clean, there have been times where it is downright disgusting. But now that we have the baby sitter come to our house (and she has an 18 month old) we have to keep it at least somewhat presentable, so that is a plus. But that also means that I have to clean house each night, I did so much housework growing up that I HATE to do it now! :) So my day consists of getting up, getting ready for work, passing off the baby (or baby monitor if I can get him asleep) to my husband, working a full day, coming home and relieving the baby sitter, making dinner, getting bottles ready for Dad and babysitter for the following day, doing all the dishes from breakfast, lunch and dinner, washing, drying, folding and putting away laundry, cleaning up the messes from the kids, taxiing kids to football and tae kwon do, homework during the school year, religeous ed during the school year, etc, etc, etc. There are nights when I litteraly drop. And with the baby there ahve been many nights where I go to work on 45 minutes of sleep, because if i get him down early enough to get my "chores" done, he wakes in the middle of the night. So these are my ramblings of my day. On a daily basis my kids do something or say something that crack me up. And I have trouble keeping track of it all, so basically this is my daily diary that I am going to share with all of you, (well since I have no followers yet, I am sharing with empty space, but its all just the same!) ENJOY! I have a tendancy to ramble on and on and on and on!

No comments:

Post a Comment